How To Lose the Last 10 Pounds
August 25, 2008
By: Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Here’s some of the tips we used in our plan to help the 3 brothers lose that last ten pounds of fat in the last 10 days of the transformation that helped them get featured in Men’s Fitness magazine with their ripped abs.
Here are the guidelines we’ve come up with to lose the last 10 pounds.
NOTE: The brothers were only going to follow these guidelines for 10-14 days. So if you choose to use this plan, don’t follow it for more than 2 weeks.
That’s the maximum time for this advanced plan. After that, ease up on the restrictions a bit – and enjoy your advanced fat loss physique you’ve attained.
Advanced Nutrition Tips
1) Start your day immediately with 2 cups of water, 3 fish oil caps, and 20g of lean protein, as part of your normal breakfast.
2) Eat 1 cup of broccoli at lunch and dinner (in addition to what you normally had planned).
3) Eat only protein, almonds, and raw vegetables between meals.
4) Elimiate all pasta, rice, potatoes, and carbohydrates from a bag or a box.
5) Don’t go to bed full. Eat only a small protein snack in the evening to keep hunger at bay and to provide the body with protein before sleep.
6) Drink 6 cups of green tea per day (3 in AM, 3 after lunch)
Advanced Exercise Tips
1) Add 10 seconds to each interval
2) Add in some bodyweight circuits (10-20 minutes per day) done in the morning or evening (if you do your regular workout in the AM, do your bodyweight circuits after dinner; otherwise, do the bw circuits first thing in the AM, and then do your regular workout at lunch or later in the afternoon or evening)
3) Add one set to the first superset you do in each workout.
Use these strict tips for no more than 2 weeks before returning to normal exercise guidelines and carbohydrate intake.
Train hard but train safe and you’ll lose the last ten pounds.
About the Author
Craig Ballantyne is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and writes for Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines. His trademarked Turbulence Training fat loss workouts have been featured multiple times in Men’s Fitness and Maximum Fitness magazines, and have helped thousands of men and women around the world lose fat, gain muscle, and get lean in less than 45 minutes three times per week. For more information on the Turbulence Training workouts that will help you burn fat without long, slow cardio sessions or fancy equipment, visit www.TurbulenceTraining.com
Tagged: Abs, craig ballantyne, Nutrition
- How Long Will It Take To Lose Weight?
- Starvation Mode Doesn’t Exist
- High-Powered Fat Loss Technique
- The “Las Vegas Pre-Club” Upper Body Workout – Part 1
- Lose Weight Fast With These Three Mindset Tips
- 10 Exercise Myths that Won’t Die, Debunked by Science
- Death of Circuit Training?
- The Best Cardio Intervals for Fat Loss: Part 2
- The Best Cardio Intervals for Fat Loss: Part 1
- Turbulence Training Workouts for a Busy Gym
- Gain Muscle and Lose Fat – Get Lean and Jacked Workout A
- Gain Muscle and Lose Fat – TT Meatheads IV: Get Lean and Jacked Workout B
- Gain Muscle and Lose Fat – TT Meatheads IV: Get Lean and Jacked Workout C
- Handstand Pushups in France
Sign up for the free Daily newsletter, filled with tips and ideas on health, fitness, weight loss, supplements, and more. Your email address will be kept confidential and won't be shared. Easily unsubscribe at any time.
If you enjoy the free information available on this site, you're sure to enjoy the free newsletter as well:
Site Search Tags:Aerobics Training, Core Stability, Fitness Training, Personal Training, Strength Training, Stretching & Flexibility, Weight Training